I have a confession to make: I hate Connecticut. I hate it mainly because it is the state that lies between my home state (New York) and the state I grew up in (Rhode Island). I hate it because it takes forever to get through it, regardless of your chosen form of transportation. A bus ride to Providence advertised as three and a half hours takes six hours, because of traffic in Connecticut. A train ride to Providence advertised as less than three hours takes five hours, because of train congestion in Connecticut. A plane flight to Providence would probably be similarly delayed because of all the hot air that blows out of the douchebags in Fairfield County.
Did you know…
- …CONNECTICUT is actually an acronym for Condescending Opulent Nincompoops Navigate Expensive Cars, Their Indulgent Children Undermine Thriftiness?
- …the state motto of Connecticut is “In Burberry We Trust?”
- …Connecticut is home to more pricks than the Upper East Side; Murray Hill; and Short Hills, New Jersey combined?
- …the favorite hobbies of Connecticuters include tennis, bridge, and hogging the left lane?
- …the state seal of Connecticut includes a BMW and a polo shirt?
- …Connecticut is home to both Ann Coulter and John Mayer, making at least 10 square miles of the state the actual definition of hell?
- …Connecticut alcoholics’ beverage of choice after 8pm and on Sundays is mouthwash?
- …the top vacation destination for visitors to Connecticut is “how the hell did I get stuck going here?”
The winner? Connecticut, of course! 5,940 to 140. Among them, the Urban Dictionary page for Connecticut, with a post that embodies everything I hate Connecticut:
We are Mass. without the majorly annoying accents, and the Red Sox obsession(i don’t know if other parts of CT like the Red Sox). Houses range from a peice of crap being $500,000+, and a decent/nice house being $1,000,000+ at minimum. The school systems are great, but people go to Prep School anyway. This state is simply amazing.
There is no doubt this state is rich like me. The infamous Greenwich, Westport, Weston, Easton,New Caanan, Wilton, Darien. This state rocks my socks. And for that girl who lives in Westport (i live in Weston) New Jersey is a dumphole, trust me (it’s not just CT-ers who think this). Flip flops are not worn in the winter though….. Nevertheless we preps just by association. I love this state, but i must leave it cause it’s getting on my nerves!it’s too perfect!
Like, ohmigod, can I shoot your WASPy face off?