Dating websites have been catching some flack lately for using advertising with busty, blonde women to sell their services, despite the fact that these models probably have dumb-jock boyfriends and will never actually use these dating websites themselves. This misleading ad on MySpace (with points of interest added for emphasis) is no exception:
That’s impossible! This ad is misleading in many ways:
- In Williamsburg, it is okay to stare, as long as you’re a brooding hipster sitting under a tree, staring from behind a book.
- Hipsters are morally opposed to breast implants.
- When you click “listen,” the only thing you should be able to hear is the blaring sounds of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs coming from McCarren Pool.
- Even if her trust fund money helped pay for those sweater hogs, she can still afford a membership at Equinox. Or Maxim, if she doesn’t ever want to leave her little hipster bubble.
- Girls from Williamsburg don’t want to meet you NOW. They want to fret over a hipster boy from a corner and admire him from afar while listening to Indie Rock.
- Purple tank-tops are so Upper East Side, and everyone knows Upper East Siders are afraid of Brooklyn.